Structured Workplace Learning (SWL) provides industry work placements for senior secondary students undertaking vocational training as part of their VCE or VCAL studies. Placements are supported by a state wide web portal linking students, schools and businesses. The portal puts your business in control of your placements and saves you time!
Benefits to Employers
Structured workplace learning benefits employers by:
- Providing opportunities for involvement in the education and development of students
- Contributing to the development of entry level skills in industry
- Promoting to young people the career potential of their industry
- Providing access to a pool of future paid casual or part-time workers
- Enabling potential recruitment of new employees who can be immediately productive
- Developing the training and supervisory skills of employees who induct, train, supervise and/or assess students
- Providing opportunities to publicly recognise supportive schools and young people
- Contributing to the development of workplace skills in students
If you would like to learn more about how your business can support local young people please contact Structured Workplace Learning Coordinators Alana Mutoni, T: 0430 812 291 E: firstname.lastname@example.org and Daisy Henry T: 0451 275 210 E: email@example.com.